Labels: Challenge 2008, Triple8Challenge08
Last but farthest from the least is the challenge that has giving me the most grief without even opening a book.
How is that possible you ask? Well, the rules of the challenge, although flexible, really didn't account for some anal, neurotic lady as myself. I have been going over these lists and adding books only to remove them or researching which books would meet the challenges rules... it was an interesting process and I still have a few categories with incomplete listings, just because I have no idea what to put down.
I finally just decided to post what I have and as the year progresses I will add the missing books... but I commit myself to not change the books in the lists I post today.
Anyway, the challenge is sponsored by 3M at the Triple8 Challenge website and Here are the rules:
1. Challenge runs from January 1 through December 31, 2008.
2. Choose 8 categories of your own that you would like to read 8 books EACH in.
3. You will be allowed 8 overlaps, for a total of 56 unique book titles.
4. You may overlap these 56 titles with any other challenge.
5. You may change your list or your categories at any time.
6. Post a comment here that you are participating, and I will add a link to the sidebar. Request an invite including your e-mail address if you want to post your list to this blog. However, we will NOT be writing reviews here! You may update your lists by providing the link to books read. Please use your name as a label, along with the book categories you're reading from.
7. Check back here to see who is participating and cheer others on.
8. Participants who complete all 56 books will be in the running for in-stock books from paperbackswap.com. (I have mucho credits.) Overseas is okay!
9. Have fun reading!
Here are my lists:
Group 1: Anthologies
1) Stroke of Midnight
2) Dead and Loving It
3) Hot Spell
5) Hero, Come Back
6) A Gift of Love
7) Veils of Time
8) Just One Sip
Group 2: Audiobooks
1) An Arranged Marriage by Jo Beverley
2) An Unwilling Bride by Jo Beverley
3) Mirror Image by Sandra Brown
4) Play Dirty - Sandra Brown
5) Seventh Heaven by Catherine Anderson
6) Running from the Law by Lisa Scottoline
7) Killer Heat by Linda Fairstein
8) The Collectors by David Baldacci
Group 3: Romantic Suspense
1) Play Dirty - Sandra Brown
2) Mirror Image - Sandra Brown
3) Kill and Tell - Linda Howard
4) The Missing by Shiloh Walker
5) Slightly Shady by Amanda Quick
6) Smoke Screen by Sandra Brown (read but not reviewed)
7) Death Angel by Linda Howard
8) Midnight Rainbow by Linda Howard (read but not reviewed)
Group 4: Paranormals
1) Lover Enshrined - J.R. Ward
2) Through the Veil by Shiloh Walker
3) A Kiss of Shadows by Laurell K.Hamilton
4) A Caress of Twilight by Laurell K.Hamilton
5) Seduced by Moonlight by Laurell K.Hamilton (read but not reviewed)
6) A Stroke of Midnight by Laurell K.Hamilton (read but not reviewed)
7) Mistral's Kiss by Laurell K.Hamilton (read but not reviewed)
8) A Lick of Frost by Laurell K.Hamilton (read but not reviewed)
Group 5: Published before 2000
1) The Princess and the Pea - Victoria Alexander
2) A Valentine Wedding - Jane Feather
3) All Night Long by Michele Albert
4) Family Man by Jayne Ann Krentz
5) Lady Be Good by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
6) Bewitching by Jill Barnett
7) Dreaming by Jill Barnett
8) Running from the Law by Lisa Scottoline
Group 6: Series Romance:
1) The Littlest Cowboy - Maggie Shayne
2) Expecting his Royal Baby by Susan Stephens
3) Indiscreet by Mary Balogh
4) Baby, I'm Yours by Karen Templeton
5) Forbidden by Suzanne Brockmann
6) Freedom's Price by Suzanne Brockmann
7) Awakening Beauty by Amy Fetzer
8) Body Language by Suzanne Brockmann
Group 7: YA
1) Sweet Far Thing - Libba Bray
2) Brisnger - Chris Paolini (read but not reviewed)
3) Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
4) Dragon Rider - Cornelia Funke
5) Redwall - Brian Jacques
6) Twlight by Stephenie Meyer
7) New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
8) Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Group 8: New Authors
1) The Smoke Thief by Shana Abe
2) Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
3) Dead Until Dark - Charlaine Harris
4) One Wicked Night - Sari Robins
5) After the Kiss by Karen Ranney
6) Bewitching by Jill Barnett
7) The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
8) Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison
Hopefully you now understand what I was talking about when I was making my list and checking it twice...
I love that this challenge will make me pull out a lot of those books that have been sitting forever in my TBR pile.
I will add the lat few books missing on the lists as I run into them and I'll also post the links to those selections that have already been read.
Happy Reading in 2008!!!