Labels: Challenge 2008, Pub08
I've been really itching for a good reading challenge this year. I know I tend to read a good share of my TBR pile every month but what you all don't see are the new books that sneak in to that same pile. I haven't bought a new book since J.R Ward's latest in October but I am part of PaperBackSwap.com and I swap many books, which means my shelves are filling up just as fast as I'm reading them.
With so many books to read I find myself not knowing what to grab next. That is what these challenges are for me. Some finite point I can aim for when I'm with out direction. But where too find the challenge? Why of course I turn to my trusted cyber friends / reading buddies from my Yahoo Reading Group (Historical Romance Chat). I'm telling you these girls are the Cool Whip on any dessert! Within a few post I had a good list of sites that were sponsoring challenges.
At this point you might ask, why the need to find an official challenge, why not just self challenge yourself? Sorry, but I'm not too strong on the commitment side of things but I'm damn reliable, so I need some sense of accountability. That's why I have never lost weight on my own and thus I joined Weight Watchers! LOL! Having someone else look at the scale for me motivates me!
So I reviewed a few and I already joined one. Funny thing is that the one I joined does nothing to reduce those books that have been sitting in the TBR pile forever! Oh well! I'll just have to join a few more.
The one I have joined is the Pub 08 Reading Challenge, sponsored by Michelle at 1 More Chapter. The rules are very straight forward:
1. Read a minimum of 8 books published in 2008. (Library books are acceptable!)
2. No children’s/YA titles allowed, since we’re at the ‘pub.’
3. At least 4 titles must be fiction.
4. Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
5. Titles may be changed at any time
Now to the "List":
1) The Wicked Ways of the Duke by Laura Lee Guhrke
2) To Bed a Beauty by Nicole Jordan
3) Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
4) Racing the Moon by Michele Hauf
5) To Pleasure a Lady by Nicole Jordan
6) Lady Killer by Lisa Scottoline
7) Through the Veil by Shiloh Walker
8) Killer Heat by Linda Fairstein
As I read the selections I'll be updating this post to add the link to the review.
Have you challenged yourself this year?