Yeah! Friday is finally here! I picked up my daughter at the airport last night and I have the day off so, I'm on cloud nine! Tomorrow my other girl comes to town and I'll have double trouble roaming the house!
We have a full weekend packed with fun stuff so I hope the weather holds. With tons of stuff on the To do list, let's start off the weekend right with some Friday Fun!
1. On my laziest day I like to Read! (Nothing better than to curl into bed with a good book and let the time roll by!)
2. Quilting makes me feel like I'm being productive. (After a day of quilting I have tangible proof of my work. Even when I'm at work there is no end product, just a constant stream of things to do, but when you sit down and take pieces of fabric, put them together and produce a work of art or just a hug that can be wrapped around a loved ones shoulders... now that is productivity!!)
3. I love little Gadgets and big TV's. (Love my eReader and any other small electronic toy I can get my hands on. But for TV's, the bigger the better - what can I say, I'm my father's daughter! LOL!)
4. This summer I want to Lose 15 pounds. (Since the start of the year I've lost 27 pounds so I'm hoping the trend will continue and I can get to goal soon.)
5. Reading made me start my blog. (I had been reading for a couple of years and saw many book review blogs popping up everywhere. I already kept track of my reading and kept short reviews in a file so I could go back and reference them when I needed to look back on a book I had read, so I thought why not put it out there on a blog so others looking for reviews could use them too. And I just started posting)
6. Red, Yellow and orange are my favorite summer colors! (my sister says they are too bright but honestly, they are the colors of sunshine and when you put them on, you get to feel happy from the outside in!)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching the movies we got in the mail this week, tomorrow my plans include going to my weigh-in, picking up Lindsay at the airport and Game Night with friends and Sunday, I want to go to the Renaissance fair at Scarsborough!
Our Chef was on vacation this week but Tina stepped in and gave us a menu:
Wii, Playstation or XBox? Playstation! Absolutely!
Would you ever go skydiving? Never! I am scared of heights so skydiving is out of the question.
Name a sequel that you think is better than the original movie. Dang! This one is hard because I can name a few sequels that were just as good as the original but Better? Ah! Got it! Harry Potter. The first one had special effect that were lacking, the story as great but the Special Effects were poor while the subsequent movies have held the story lines and have improved on the imagery.
Share your most wonderful birthday celebration. It would have to be on my fourth or fifth birthday. I remember that I felt like a princess. I had a special velvet dress that reached my ankles and I had my mother put my hair up in a beehive do. I remember feeling so darn special and grownup because I had my hair done up like my moms (this was in the late sixties, early seventies). I had my favorite teach from my pre-school there, her name was Betty and although my family and her were friends she was coming to MY party. I have many pictures of the event and when I look at them I still can feel the excitement of the day. I rate this one higher than my Sweet Fifteen (I'm Hispanic we celebrate 15 instead of 16) where awkwardness and boys had already poked there influences on me.