Not only is it Friday but this is the last Friday before I have my DD back at home and that is something to be happy about. This is the longest time I've been away from my daughter ever and it has been a bit difficult (even though we talk a few times a week on the phone). The sad part is that she is coming home for just a week and then heading off to Japan for another 6-8 weeks. So, I'll be really trying to squeeze some lovin' the week and a half she is here. On top of that... I get to see my other little girl.
My surrogate daughter is coming to visit for a week too. It will be two years in august since I last saw Lindsay and I miss her and Jessie (my other surrogate Daughter) so much it sometime hurts (especially during their b'days and holidays) but I'll have my girls home for a week and will be counting the days until next Friday.
For this week lets do some fill-ins and some feasting to get me through the week.
1. There is absolutely NO way you can get me to bungee jump, skydive or do anything from far above! (can you say Fear of Heights?)
2. No AC in my car reminds me that summer is almost here! (yeah.. I live in Texas in case you didn't know. No AC is a b*tch!!)
3. I cannot live without my laptop. (I'm a techie, what can I say?)
4. Tole Painting and knitting are two things I'd like to try. (I love all things crafty but I have never tried to paint or to knit - well, I once bought everything I needed to knit but didn't have any one to teach me and knitting really can't be learned from a book)
5. When life hands you lemons you make lemon poppy bread. (Not as fond of Lemonade as the bread)
6. Riding my Granfather's tracker when we visited Puerto Rico in the summer is my favorite childhood memory.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to posting this, tomorrow my plans include my weight watcher meeting and grocery shopping ... maybe and Sunday, I want to read the ARC I have waiting for me next to my bed!
What is the nearest big city to your home? Dallas
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how well do you keep secrets? 7, depends on who's secret and who I'm telling.
Describe your hair (color, texture, length). Short, Brown (for this week), straight (for today) but thick (a bit rowdy in the mornings)
What kind of driver are you? Courteous? Aggressive? Slow? Depends on how close to that time of the month I am. Really it depends on where I'm driving and who is with me.
When was the last time you had a really bad week? NEVER!!! To have a bad week you have to be really negative, but to have a bad day is a whole different matter. My last bad day was April 25th. When I had to call the cable company for a discrepancy in the bill.